1. Umana MN, Zhang CC, Cao M, Lin LX, Swenson NG: Quantifying the role of intra-specific trait variation for allocation and organ-level traits in tropical seedling communities. Journal of Vegetation Science 2018, 29(2):276-284.
2. Shao XN, Li QM, Lin LX, He TH: On the origin and genetic variability of the two invasive biotypes of Chromolaena odorata. Biological Invasions 2018, 20(8):2033-2046.
3. Shao XN, Brown C, Worthy SJ, Liu L, Cao M, Li QM, Lin LX, Swenson NG: Intra-specific relatedness, spatial clustering and reduced demographic performance in tropical rainforest trees. Ecology Letters 2018, 21(8):1174-1181.
4. He XL, Luo K, Brown C, Lin LX: A taxonomic, functional, and phylogenetic perspective on the community assembly of passerine birds along an elevational gradient in southwest China. Ecology and Evolution 2018, 8(5):2712-2720.
5. Zhang CC, Yang J, Sha LQ, Ci XQ, Li J, Cao M, Brown C, Swenson NG, Lin LX: Lack of phylogenetic signals within environmental niches of tropical tree species across life stages. Scientific Reports 2017, 7.
6. Zambrano J, Iida Y, Howe R, Lin LX, Umana MN, Wolf A, Worthy SJ, Swenson NG: Neighbourhood defence gene similarity effects on tree performance: a community transcriptomic approach. Journal of Ecology 2017, 105(3):616-626.
7. Umana MN, Zhang CC, Cao M, Lin LX, Swenson NG: A core-transient framework for trait-based community ecology: an example from a tropical tree seedling community. Ecology Letters 2017, 20(5):619-628.
8. Umana MN, Mi XC, Cao M, Enquist BJ, Hao ZQ, Howe R, Iida Y, Johnson D, Lin LX, Liu XJ et al: The role of functional uniqueness and spatial aggregation in explaining rarity in trees. Global Ecology and Biogeography 2017, 26(7):777-786.
9. Liu H, Hu B, Wang YS, Liu GR, Tang LQ, Ji DS, Bai YF, Bao WK, Chen X, Chen YM et al: Two Ultraviolet Radiation Datasets that Cover China. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 2017, 34(7):805-815.
10. Wu JJ, Swenson NG, Brown C, Zhang CC, Yang J, Ci XQ, Li J, Sha LQ, Cao M, Lin LX: How does habitat filtering affect the detection of conspecific and phylogenetic density dependence? Ecology 2016, 97(5):1182-1193.
11. Swenson NG, Weiser MD, Mao LF, Normand S, Rodriguez MA, Lin LX, Cao M, Svenning JC: Constancy in Functional Space across a Species Richness Anomaly. American Naturalist 2016, 187(4):E83-E92.
12. Li YW, Xia YJ, Li HY, Deng XB, Sha LQ, Li B, Lin LX, Cao M: Accumulated Impacts of Sulfur Spraying on Soil Nutrient Availability and Microbial Biomass in Rubber Plantations. Clean-Soil Air Water 2016, 44(8):1001-1010.
13. Bartlett MK, Zhang Y, Yang J, Kreidler N, Sun SW, Lin L, Hu YH, Cao KF, Sack L: Drought tolerance as a driver of tropical forest assembly: resolving spatial signatures for multiple processes. Ecology 2016, 97(2):503-514.
14. Yang J, Swenson NG, Zhang GC, Ci XQ, Cao M, Sha LQ, Li J, Slik JWF, Lin LX: Local-scale Partitioning of Functional and Phylogenetic Beta Diversity in a Tropical Tree Assemblage. Scientific Reports 2015, 5.
15. Umana MN, Zhang CC, Cao M, Lin LX, Swenson NG: Commonness, rarity, and intraspecific variation in traits and performance in tropical tree seedlings. Ecology Letters 2015, 18(12):1329-1337.
16. Yang J, Zhang GC, Ci XQ, Swenson NG, Cao M, Sha LQ, Li J, Baskin CC, Slik JWF, Lin LX: Functional and phylogenetic assembly in a Chinese tropical tree community across size classes, spatial scales and habitats. Functional Ecology 2014, 28(2):520-529.
17. Yang J, Ci XQ, Lu MM, Zhang GC, Cao M, Li J, Lin LX: Functional traits of tree species with phylogenetic signal co-vary with environmental niches in two large forest dynamics plots. Journal of Plant Ecology 2014, 7(2):115-125.
18. van der Velden N, Slik JWF, Hu YH, Lan GY, Lin LX, Deng XB, Poorter L: Monodominance of Parashorea chinensis on fertile soils in a Chinese tropical rain forest. Journal of Tropical Ecology 2014, 30:311-322.
19. Yang J, Swenson NG, Cao M, Chuyong GB, Ewango CEN, Howe R, Kenfack D, Thomas D, Wolf A, Lin LX: A Phylogenetic Perspective on the Individual Species-Area Relationship in Temperate and Tropical Tree Communities. Plos One 2013, 8(5).
20. Brown C, Burslem D, Illian JB, Bao L, Brockelman W, Cao M, Chang LW, Dattaraja HS, Davies S, Gunatilleke CVS et al: Multispecies coexistence of trees in tropical forests: spatial signals of topographic niche differentiation increase with environmental heterogeneity. Proceedings of the Royal Society B-Biological Sciences 2013, 280(1764).
21. Wang W, Ortiz RD, Jacques FMB, Xiang XG, Li HL, Lin L, Li RQ, Liu Y, Soltis PS, Soltis DE et al: Menispermaceae and the diversification of tropical rainforests near the Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary. New Phytologist 2012, 195(2):470-478.
22. Lin LX, Comita LS, Zheng Z, Cao M: Seasonal differentiation in density-dependent seedling survival in a tropical rain forest. Journal of Ecology 2012, 100(4):905-914.
23. Lin LX, Cao M: Edge effects on soil seed banks and understory vegetation in subtropical and tropical forests in Yunnan, SW China. Forest Ecology and Management 2009, 257(4):1344-1352.
24. Lin LX, Cao M, He YT, Baskin JM, Baskin CC: Nonconstituent species in soil seed banks as indicators of anthropogenic disturbance in forest fragments. Canadian Journal of Forest Research-Revue Canadienne De Recherche Forestiere 2006, 36(9):2300-2316.