1. Deficiency in MyD88 signaling results in decreased antibody responses to adeno-associated virus vector containing a CMV enhancer/chicken β-actin cassette in murine Pompe disease. Ping Zhang, Xiaoyan Luo, Andrew Bird, Songtao Li & Koeberl DD. 2012. BioResearch Open Access. Vol1, No.3, 109-114.
2. Immunodominant, liver-specific expression suppresses transgene-directed immune responses in murine Pompe disease. Zhang, P., Sun, B., Osada T., Rodriguiz R., Yang X., Luo X, Kemper, A.R., Clay, T.M., and Koeberl, D.D. Hum Gene Ther 2012 Mar 29 (Epub ahead of print).
3. The role of TSC1 in regulating innate immunity. Pan, H.J., O’Brien, T., Zhang, P., & Zhong, X.P. J. Immunol 2012 Mar (Epub ahead of print).
4. Rescue administration of a helper-dependent adenovirus vector with a long-term efficacy in dogs with glycogen storage disease type 1a. Gene Ther. 2012. Apr; 19 (4) 443-52. Crane B, Luo X, Demaster A, Williams KD, Kozink DM, Zhang P, Brown TT, Pinto CR, Oka K, Sun F, Jackson MW, Chan L, Koeberl DD.
5. Cutting edge: Cardiac myosin activates innate immune responses through TLRs. Zhang, P., Cox C.J., Alvarez, K.M., Cunningham, M.W. 2009. The Journal of Immunology. Jul 1; 183(1):27-31.
6. Echium oil reduces plasma lipids and hepatic lipogenic gene expression in apoB100-LDL receptor knockout mice. Zhang, P., Boudyguina, E., Wilson, M.D., Gebre, A.K. & Parks, J.S. 2008. J. Nutr. Biochem. 19(10): 655-663.
7. Dietary fish oil inhibits antigen-specific murine Th1 cell development by suppression of clonal expansion. 2006. Zhang, P., Kim, W., Zhou, L., Wang, N., Ly, L.H., McMurray, D.N. & Chapkin, R.S. Journal of Nutrition. 136, 2391-2398.
8. Dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids modulate Th1/Th2 balance in vitro towards Th2 pole by suppression of Th1 development. 2005. Zhang, P., Smith, R., Chapkin, R.S. & McMurray, D.N. Journal of Nutrition. 135:1745-1751.
In revision for Nature Medicine:
9. Rishu Guo, Chi-Keung Wan, Ping Zhang, Shudan Shen, Thomas O'Brien, Carpenter,Chenhu Liu, Yingxian Li, Balachandra Gorentla, A. J. Harris, Wesley Burks, and Xiao-Ping Zhong (2012). Synergistic control of regulatory T cell function and self-tolerance to the liver by diacylglycerol kinases alpha and zeta.
Presentations and invited talks
Oral presentation at the 13th gene therapy meeting, 2010, Washington DC.
Invited talk at center for genetics, National Jewish Health, CO. Oct, 2009.
Poster presentation at the annual department of pediatrics research retreat, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, June, 2009.
Invited talk at Dept. of Immunology, St Jude Children’s hospital, Memphis, TX. Feb, 2008.
Poster presentation at the 94th AAI meeting 2007 Miami.
Poster presentation at 7th annual conference on arteriosclerosis, thrombosis and vascular biology. 2006. Denver.
Invited talk at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, June 2005.
Invited talk at Gladstone Institute, UCSF, San Francisco, May 2005.
Invited talk at Baylor College of Medicine Dept. of Immunology, Houston, Texas, Mar. 2005.
Experimental Biology Conference 2005, San Diego; oral and poster presentation.
Texas Agriculture Conference, Feb 2005, poster presentation.
Experimental Biology Conference 2004, Washington, DC, Poster presentation.